Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Letting go of Character Basics

HA! I gave up for a minute. I had to write a blog that we predominately well, ME! I had been thinking about this contemplation for sometime, and thought well. I guess it wouldn't hurt. I have a very broad sense of humor, and find myself with puns not even my own dog recognizes. So I think to myself "Hmm...I wonder who we can mess with today." I am a 24 woman living in a well older woman point of view. My own mother sees me as her best friend, and I find myself scolding her then me. She takes pride in the fact that everyone thinks she is my older sister, but hey what are parents for by to lead you by the hand all the way to the end. Well their end that is.

I am well a noob still in SL. As much as I hate to admit it, I have found that I know nothing of this world but my own tongue. I am quick with access the moments in time to suit my needs, but I never grasp the concept of time. Well there is technically no time in SL, but the time you put forth inside. I have found myself engrossed in Aglarond so deeply, that I haven't even placed myself were I need to be. I am not suggesting that I don't need to be there, I just need to find a vacation spot to were I can well hang my halo for the night.

My roommate and forthright friend of all time, has wondered in this reality with me and has found herself wondering. Unable to be sucked in to Aglarond she enlightens herself with pastimes of school, and teaching. Unlike myself which I exasperatingly need to trudge towards. Has begun a serious of enchanting tales to wield at my own demise.

Such a pity to find my husband in RL devastated by such a notion of me taking a liking to a place is merely aghast at his own inability to simply log in. His computer can't handle the software so he moved on to other forms of enjoyment. The wonderful world of W.o.W. (World of Warcraft) has become my husbands greatest tool. He spends hours on it plains as I stare in wonderment of mine.

SL is a place were I can truly be we the only thing I can be (me). As I wonder though the lands of many I decide like every other av must do and think of a world all my own. So thus Evanie was born. Creating Evanost. A land only time will build for SL is not cheap. A couple of choice friends and a great knowledgeable 16 years old kid, has taken me by surprise as he opens the doors the temple. I am in ow of his timing, and his ability to consume textured information.

He gives me the keys of life as I find my true home. Moving along the smoothness of the floor I feel myself slip into SL more. (GODS) how I hate becoming obsessed with a pix elated ovarian of life, and falseness of reality, but how the human mind takes pleasure in the simplest of complexity.

Well time drones on as it always does. Again time has no meaning in SL as the stairs wind and unfold before me. Spreading my av's wings I fly through a window and stand on the roof. Who needs stairs when you have wind to fill your feathers. *Sighs* what an emotion of falsified ruins. How does one become lost int he rise and fall of a sunset that only takes 15 to 20 minutes to reload. Well I stare in wonder at the graphic solarium of stars. What beauty...

Well I am growing quiet tired as I had a very stressful weak with what we call a griefer. He almost got me too. Well I will move forward onto the next chapter of Jennidia as this Jennidia moves to her RL bed.

chaio'
Jennidia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, welcome to the world of OOC blogging :) Sometimes it's nice to have a place to explore the spaghetti-maze of what SL can do to your head, and to step back with friends and look at what it is you've crafted in-world. Or at least that's what I've found.

I've thought of creating a separate blog, a character journal like what you've had going, but I've stalled out on it because I'm nervous about giving away too much of what's going on inside me to other RP'ers (should they stumble across it) and spoiling the play. But I may still. I think you've been very brave to take the direction you have.

Spousal issues... well, those happen. My blog tells some about that, and it's no secret that it's only part of the story. Finding the balancing place between the two worlds is, it seems, part of learning to play the game well. I've asked for help before, both in-world and in my own blog. Blogging can be a great resource for working through that.

We do find ourselves drawn to the images of our faux-world, like birds to shiny objects. Sometimes they hypnotize us so we miss dangers right in front of us, and sometimes they just wash us in wonder. I can think of one particularly beautiful avatar who's distracted more than one SL player into walking into metaphorical traffic. (Creag Emmons winks.) It's like surfing -- got to keep on top of the wave, but when you're up there it's a glorious ride. And I do get the glory of our simulated cosmos, too. After all, I lived in an ugly skybox that I picked because the sunrises and sunsets were beautiful from there.

So enjoy the sky, love your friends (both RL and SL), and be well. Pleasant dreams.